By Colours of Kashmir - February 09, 2017


Like the green threads tied at Shah Hamdan
Her prayers hang on the old wooden windows, She still waits for them to be answered,Years pass by, thread after thread;She raises her handsHer green pashmina tornGreen thread of hope- praying quietlyon the old wooden windows.Far away, in TajikistanHis hands raise toowhen her hands raise in Kashmir after she ties the green thread at Khankahon the old wooden windows.Today I see Kashmir shine through the mist just as I write my poems on the green thread,I see His face shine Angels standing guardon the old wooden windows.Until they return-sons- to their mothers,tears fallen at Khankahshall become green threadon the old wooden windows.And I will writeuntil then, here besides Jhelum my poems in Kashmiri of my mothers, their green pashmina on the old wooden windows. Photo by: @muhammaddavoodText by: @kashmirthroughmylens

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments